How often do you get your oil changed? The average driver puts more than 1,000 miles on their car every month. Most carmakers recommend getting an oil change every 3,000 miles. That means you might need an oil change every two months. So, just how important are regular oil changes? Do you really need one every 3,00 miles? Some automakers recommend every 5,000 miles, so how bad could it really be if you wait longer?
Oil is the Lifeblood of Your Vehicle
The short answer is really bad. Oil is a basic component of your engine, but without it, your car wouldn’t run. So obviously, you need clean oil if you want your vehicle to run properly. If you have dirty or insufficient oil, the health of your engine will suffer and eventually it will break down. So, here’s why regular oil changes are so important.
- Longer Vehicle Life – getting regular oil changes makes your vehicle run better and last longer. Dirty oil can reduce your vehicle’s power and fuel economy, and it makes your engine work harder. When your engine gets overworked, you’ll likely have more problems. Eventually, your car will break down and be out of commission.
- Lubricates Your Engine – your engine is a complex piece of machinery, but without oil it won’t operate smoothly. There are many moving parts, and they all need lubrication to function. Without lubrication the built-up heat created by all these moving parts would wear down your engine very quickly, leaving you with the cost of a new engine.
- Keeps Your Engine Free of Sludge – for your engine to run smoothly, it has to be clean. Over time, sludge from dirty oil and engine particles build up. When these build up your engine efficiency decreases. Having clean oil helps remove these particles and sludge, meaning your engine stays clean. Changing your oil and filter regularly will help keep your engine in top condition.
- Engine Components Stay Cool – as we mentioned, your engine gets really hot with all those moving parts. That’s why lubrication is so important. Without it, there would be too much friction, which would lead to even more heat. That’s why oil is so important. It provides the proper amount of lubrication and keeps your engine from overheating.
- Improves Fuel Economy – when your engine lacks sufficient lubrication, your vehicle will consume more fuel, which leads to lower gas mileage. That’s one more big reason to get regular oil changes.
Oil Changes - Downey Auto Repair
Most people don’t want to take the time or effort to change their oil. That’s why getting this important service done at Glenn’s Auto Repair is a smart move. Even though this is one of the most basic auto maintenance services you can get, it’s also one of the most important. So, if it’s time for an oil change, don’t put it off. Your vehicle will thank you.
Get Your Next Oil Change at Glenn’s Auto Service
If your vehicle is due for an oil change, then please come and see us at Glenn’s Auto Service. We’ll get you in and out with fast, reliable service, and you’ll be back on the road in no time. Our oil change service also includes numerous checkpoints to ensure your vehicle is running at optimal performance.
If you need of any other kind of maintenance or repairs, our ASE certified technicians will diagnose and repair the problem. Please give us a call at 562-359-4232 or click here to make an appointment online. Make sure your oil changes are up to date and your vehicle’s engine is completely healthy. You won’t be disappointed with your service at Glenn’s Auto Repair.
Contact us today to get experienced, trusted, reliable, and knowledgeable auto repair service in Downey, CA. Every time!
We are your trusted Downey, CA auto repair shop for all services and repairs on all makes and models, including:
Subaru auto repair in Downey, CA
Chevy auto service and repair in in Downey, CA
Toyota auto repair in Downey, CA
Honda auto service in Downey, CA
Scion auto repair in Downey, CA
Nissan auto service in Downey, CA
Ford auto repair in Downey, CA
Chrysler auto service and repair in Downey, CA