With Thanksgiving here, we have officially entered the Holiday Season. And that means holiday travel. Even though, we generally don’t have to worry about inclement weather in the Downey area, many people still do a lot of traveling to other parts of the state, or to other parts of the country.
And with COVID-19 still spreading, air travel has slowed down considerably. That means if you are traveling somewhere this Thanksgiving or Christmas, you most likely will be using your vehicle. So, now is a perfect time to make sure your vehicle is ready for the season with trusted Downey, CA auto repair.
Seasonal Road-Trip Checklist
There are several basic things you can do to get your vehicle ready for seasonal travel. You can do many of these things on your own. And anything you can’t take care of yourself, we’ll handle for you.
1. Check your tires– a good place to start is with your tires. If you’re going to be driving in any kind of wet or icy conditions your tires have to be in good shape. If you notice any unusual wear, you might want to get them replaced. Just make an appointment and we’ll make sure you have the right tires for the season. It’s also a good idea to get your tires rotated and to check the wheel alignment, as well.
2. Inspect your fluid levels – next on the list are your fluids. These are always vital to the smooth operation of your vehicle, especially if you’re going to be doing any long distance traveling. So be sure all of your fluids are clean and at the proper levels, including oil, brake fluid, antifreeze/coolant, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid. If your vehicle needs any kind of fluid service, then please contact our Downey, CA auto repair shop to make an appointment.
3. Don’t forget your windshield wipers – this one can be easy to overlook, until you drive through rain or snow. Getting caught in a storm is bad enough, but without good wipers, it can be extremely dangerous. So make sure your wipers are in good condition before you head out on the open road.
4. Is your battery healthy – your battery is another important thing to check before the busy holiday travel season. As the weather gets colder, it can affect your car’s battery. The cold weather tends to wear your battery down quicker. So make sure you get it tested to see if it’s in top working condition. If not, then give us a call and we’ll get it replaced.
5. Brakes and suspension – a couple of other to things check before getting on the road are your brakes and suspension. Obviously, you always want your brakes in top working condition. If they feel a little soft, or you’ve noticed any screeching lately, then it might be time for a brake job.
6. Check your filters – another thing to inspect are your filters, including your air filter. If it’s been a while since you’ve changed it, then now is a good time to do it.
7. Hoses and cables – last, but not least, be sure to look for any signs of wear and tear with all your hoses and cables. If anything looks out of place or worn out, then give us a call. Our ASE certified technicians will take care of you right.
Get Ready for Seasonal Travel With Glenn’s Auto Service in Downey, CA.
The holiday season is one of the best times of the year. So don’t let it get spoiled by car problems. If your car, truck, crossover, van or SUV hasn’t been serviced in a while, then please come and see us at Glenn’s Auto Service in Downey. We’ll make sure your vehicle is running smoothly no matter where you’re headed for the holidays.
Just give us a call at 562-359-4232, or click here to schedule an appointment online. We service all makes and models, and we put our customers first. We’ll get you back on the road safely and quickly with no hassle. So, please come see us at Glenn’s Auto Service in Downey, CA to get your vehicle ready for the holidays.
We are your trusted Downey, CA auto repair shop for all makes and models, including:
Chevy auto service and repair in in Downey, CA
Toyota auto repair in Downey, CA
Honda auto service in Downey, CA
Scion auto repair in Downey, CA
Nissan auto service in Downey, CA
Ford auto repair in Downey, CA
Chrysler auto service and repair in Downey, CA